It is time to switch off that Tape

I am not good, I am a failure, or we would have heard from someone,  you are a curse for this family,  you will never succeed in life, you mess up everything that you touch, can you do any thing properly, looser!! 
Or it might be, no my sins are not forgiven, i still have guilt feelings, God has not completely forgiven me, does God really love me? I have this weakness and I am addicted to it, I cannot get out of that weakness.  I have inferiority feeling's,  I don't have  confidence, I cannot stand and speak before others, I am not smart like others, why am I not like my other successful friends? why is God not  blessing me? Will I loose my salvation? I am worried and anxious about my future. 

Stop a moment, try and listen, we might hear it. These are the lie tapes running in our mind all the time, we hear it, we wrestle with it and for many of us we tend to believe these blatant lies even though we are washed by the blood of Jesus and are His children. 

We live a life in defeat and get paralysed sometimes by these lies about us which we would have probably heard from a near or dear one as a child, or lies we have come to believe and cultivated in our minds over years and it has now become a strong hold  or a fortress that Satan successfully uses to keep us down in defeat, frustration and discouragement all the time.

 But are we meant to live that kind of a life, No!!absolutely not, we are destined for greatness, we are designed for a purpose, for an abundant and overflowing life. A life of victory, a life of an over comer, we are more than conquerors, there is no more condemnation for us, we are totally a New Creation, We are set free completely, free from shame, inferiority, guilt, slavery, weakness, addiction's, bondage's or curses. The past is gone , I am in Christ, I am a child of the most Holy and awesome God. Hallelujah!!! That is the truth about you and me, that is what Bible talks about each one of us. 



So how do I get rid of these lies: 
🎚 Renew our minds with God's word day in and day out: Do not be confirmed to the patterns of this world but be transformed by the renewal of your mind. Romans 12: 2 

🎚 Pull down and erase that tape recorder in the name of Jesus. 2 Cor 10: 4-5 . That is old and redundant, expiry date is long over.  


🎚 Check and filter our every thought. Phil 4: 8;  Is it true, is it noble, right, is it pure etc. 


🎚 Believe in God's word and His promises about us. Don't loose patience, trust Him, He is at work in our life even when we do not see anything concrete. We are too precious for Him and He will Never Give up on Us.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Art of Making Disciples - 8 simple principles from Apostle Paul’s life in Thessalonica

Worship-tainment

How can a young man keep his ways pure?