Joy Irresistible


Can we have Joy irrespective of what we are going through in life? Is it possible to experience peace that surpasses all understanding even when everything around us seems to be going topsy-turvy? Does what the Bible promises really come true in my life, then why am I not experiencing it? These might be questions that we struggle with as we try to walk by faith. 

Habakkuk the prophet had similar questions, questions more profound and complicated than these, like why are the wicked people prospering and the good ones suffering? Is God not in control of situations? But as he asks those questions, God answers him powerfully in ways only He can and at the end of that discourse  Habakkuk concludes in chapter 3:17-19
"Although the fig tree shall not blossom, neither shall fruit be in the vines; the labour of the olive shall fail, and the fields shall yield no food; the flock shall be cut off from the fold, and there shall be no herd in the stalls.
Yet I will rejoice in the LORD; I will take joy in the God of my salvation. The LORD God is my strength, and he will make my feet like hinds' feet, and he will make me to walk upon high places". 

Let us try and personalise this verse a little:
 Although I don't see a promotion in my job, neither do I see a  salary hike, the hard work that I put in is not appreciated and my performance appraisal is not really that good, my long standing prayers are not being answered, my results in exam is not as expected, the job I am searching for is not coming through, I have huge financial burdens to meet, I am suffering with constant sickness and health issues and my family life is not going great, the list can go on...........

But still with all this, is it possible for us to join along with Prophet Habakkuk and proclaim that I will still rejoice in the Lord and I will take joy in the God of my salvationBecause He is going to change our situations and lift us up like a deer that jumps in high places that is what God has promised. In the light of this how do we respond, Habakkuk says in chapter 2 verses 4 , "The righteous shall live by faith" amazing right!!

Irrespective of our circumstances, no matter what we are going through right now, it can be the biggest challenge of your life, you are on the verge of giving up all the doubts and questions are welling up within us but in the midst of all that we can experience amazing peace, we can choose joy over sorrow and discouragement. That is the most unique aspect of our faith. Faith is taking God at His word even though we do not see anything concrete right now. It is the evidence of things not seen.
   
As the lines of this beautiful song goes;
"Trust in the Lord and don't despair, He is a friend so true, 
No matter what your troubles are Jesus will see you through; 
Sing when the day is bright, sing through the darkest night,
every day all the way sing, sing, sing." 👍

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Art of Making Disciples - 8 simple principles from Apostle Paul’s life in Thessalonica

Worship-tainment

How can a young man keep his ways pure?